Old 08-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #5255
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Wow, I kind of wish I wasn't in purge mode. They have some nice things. I'm glad you can make use of the sales even though it's a sad closing. I think there is a lot of that to come...
I know, riiight? It seems like one place after another is just not able to weather the COVID storm, especially if their sales were sliding beforehand.

They had some rolling display carts that were nice but the wrong color for my design so I opted not to but I wanted to because there's nothing more pulling at the wallet strings than the knowledge that if you don't get it now, you never will.

For the record, the only stuff that I really and truly felt a pull towards was some the dining furnishings but even with the sale, I don't want to pay what they are asking for them so that's that. Maybe in a couple of weeks, if they are still there, the prices might be more reasonable. They are fast selling anything I consider shop worthy. All of the fun stuff that I've gotten before...area rugs, artwork, et cetera...is either totally gone or has whittled down to the ridiculous and less desirable stuff. At least, the store I frequent anyway.

Today, I did not buy anything but I did send away for free flooring samples. Free is the BEST price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
A trans-vaginal ultrasound - $319.72 (my portion after insurance)
3 Krispy Kreme doughnuts - $4.35 (I deserved a break after that ultrasound)
I hate those things. They never come in a small size.

I would have gotten half a dozen.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: