How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,165 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default Queer As Folk - spoiler alert in 3rd paragraph

I've been re-watching Queer As Folk. I noticed some time ago it was on Netflix. Well, let me tell you, the soundtrack has been changed. I did some Googling, and it seems the QAF people were unable to get all the copyrights extended to Netflix. It was particularly disappointing, as I found the original soundtrack so excellent! and every song was so carefully selected to fit each scene. Also, a lot of that music is the music of my crazy youth, so it transported me back to a time (if not exact experience) that I have very fond memories of. So anyway, if you have the opportunity to go back to DVDs to re-watch it, I highly recommend it.

I have deliberately avoided watching this show for several years, because I loved it so much. I watched it many, many times when it was first available. It seems amazing that it has only been 15 years, and things have changed so much socially and politically since then. Or maybe that's just my perception, but - it feels different. Maybe the difference is really just my age.

So it has been a long time since I've seen it, and I've noticed that watching it is a different experience now. (Spoiler Alert!) For instance, . . .
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
. . . when Justin and Ethan first get together and Brian doesn't know about their relationship: the first time I saw it, I thought, "No! NO NO NO!" and thought Ethan was an evil character. I was definitely on Team "Brian and Justin 4-ever!". But when I saw it this time, I realized the Ethan relationship was actually a good thing (whatever happens later). Justin is only 18, and he has grown tired of many things about his relationship with Brian. He doesn't have the life experience to deal with an 'adult' relationship successfully. Justin _needed_ a different relationship. Even better, Ethan was nearly Justin's own age, and in similar school and financial situations. Justin benefited by not only leaving Brian, but also by not just going out and finding somebody else similar to Brian (which an awful lot of my gay friends have done in the past).

Anyway, even though I have seen QAF many times, here I go again! I find myself rambling on excitedly about the plot like I did 15 years ago. Some things never change. Thank goodness.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: