View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #54
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Hey y'all,

This is a guy I really like http://www.jeremytaylor.com/

...his website is quite useful, particularly the "dream work" section, where there are major dream themes, discussions of topics (like lucid dreaming) and different ways of doing dream work. He also travels around the country (and World) doing workshops, so you might find him in your area and even free at a church or at minimal cost for a weekend!

Turtle, I checked out their ehtical statement and these two parts resonated with truth, to me:

ASD supports an approach to dreamwork and dream sharing that respects the dreamer's dignity and integrity; and which recognizes the dreamer as the decision-maker regarding the significance of the dream.

Systems of dreamwork that assign authority over, or knowledge of, the dream's meanings to someone who is not the dreamer can be misleading, incorrect, and harmful.

I would want anyone interpreting my dreams, to have those things in mind, and I'll try to do the same for anyone whose dreams I interpret.

I also realized, when I was roaming around the website you posted, that I treat dreams like literature; I do a kind of literary analysis on them, centered on imagery. I review poetry, so it's kind of the same skill set.

Now I'm not sure that's the best way to look at dreams. I'm thinking about that one...

But I love dreams! I have used them in creative work, for many years.

Scout
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: