imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

"Blows hot and cold"

yeah, that does drive me a bit batty but also it brings to my attention what *I* believe is the attention I want. I've been accused of that since and I was very confused - I was enthusiastic about their company while they were with me, which is what *I* would want, but did not want daily contact because that's just not who I am in my life. I still felt exactly the same. They assumed I was blowing hot and cold. They argued with me about this and accused me of not wanting them, of being cold, of having walls...
So I put an end to it immediately. As much as I really, really liked them, and was sad about stopping it, actually fairly bummed out, I could see there was a huge discrepancy between our own ways and needs to demonstrate affection and closeness.

To them, they wanted frequency of quality time together, which was something I just couldn't give, along with the enthusiasm I showed when I was present.

I didn't want either of us to be hurt by a battle of very different needs and disappointments. I was already being accused of being cold. I thought it best to just stop there.

So be careful of accusing people of controlling or narcissistic behaviour. It may be your needs are just vastly different and it feels hot/cold to you - to them, they have the same feelings for you the whole time. But it will drive you nuts regardless - end it.

but it doesn't always have nefarious reasons.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: