imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
I understand what you are saying, imperfect cupcake, and I think we are talking about two separate things. I am not confusing individual differences in needs regarding frequency of quality time with controlling and narcissistic behavior. I am very much an introvert and need time to myself between interactions to truly appreciate quality time spent with anyone. That goes for friends, family, and lovers. I definitely get that.

What I’m referring to is someone who...for example....immediately withdraws affection, seemingly without reason, but usually as a result of the fact that he or she felt slighted in some manner. When approached about the matter, they typically shut down and refuse to communicate. Then, once they decide that their feelings are no longer hurt (or you have served your due “punishment”), they are back to showering you with affection like nothing ever happened. I’ve discovered, unfortunately, that this typically comes from a place of deep insecurity and is a prelude to future controlling and manipulative behavior - hence, the reason I run in the opposite direction when I notice this behavior.

I’m definitely not talking about someone who is mature enough to say...”Hey, I need some alone time (space), so I’m going to spend this week doing such and such and we’ll catch up later.”

Come to think, this is not actually an “instant” turnoff per se, as it usually does take a bit of time knowing someone before it happens....but it is indeed a turnoff!
That I understand, and I've had people who were *very* emotionally mercurial in personality drive me round the fucking bend with it - again, with them, they weren't intentionally trying to be a complete dick, but they were *very* hard to take. I had to walk off.
And I watched a succession of following gfs walking off.
I stayed friends because she is hella funny and fun to be with and I have ZERO expectations as a friend.

I also didn't mean you, in particular.

I sort of meant general "you".

Because I *have* been accused of blow hot and cold when the differences are just compatibility. Mainly because the other person wants compromise ( of myyyyyy end lol) and they haven't grasped that I don't follow a romance novel form of lesbian love.

I don't rush stuff, I don't want to live with *anyone*, I don't get immediately emotionally involved. However, I can enjoy the shit out of people I like while things cook to see what happens.

This confuses people who follow more mainstream ideas of romance and I get accused of things, no matter how clear I am.

because the whole "controlling/narcissistic personality disorder" thing has rather exploded and they skip the part about "love bombing" - to ME what "regular" romance feels like is "love bombing" its too intense, there's no room, and it freaks me out. But I know it's just perspective on my part. Its not *actual* Love bombing.

So I don't accuse them of doing it.

so it was just a general caution, really.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: