ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yes and no. That could be a very basic example of what a Stone Butch and Stone Femme could be, but there are many layers of what Stone is and is not. Some have different boundaries as to WHAT bits can and cannot be touched. Also, there are femmes who are Stone who do not want to be touched either. They are the pitchers, so to speak.

For me, Stone means that there are boundaries in the way one likes to be touched (and not always just sexually). For some, those boundaries are finite and do not and will not change. For others, it depends on their partner as to what they are and are not comfortable with. For still others, they have some touch that do not allow and some that they do and still more that is fluid.

Stone is not something that you can look up in the dictionary and say "Aha! This is it EXACTLY!" because it is individualized and just doesn't work that way. There are general guidelines, but it always comes down to the person. ASK him/hym/hir/her/ze what they do and do not allow. If you had 100 Stones in a room and asked each of them what Stone means to them in terms of touch and what is and is not allowed, you will get some repeat answers but there will be far more highly individualized answers, I assure you.

Thank you for this response. Admittedly, I ask and explore with partners as that ends with less disappointment and frustration so don't worry, I promise I'm not tromping all over people's comfort levels.

As I was reading this thread I kept seeing over and over people saying "when I found out I was a stone femme" or "when I learned what these words meant" but there wasn't any sort of explanation of what that meant for those of us who weren't quite sure. I didn't know if there was some magical definition out there that I hadn't found yet.