Old 07-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
Thank you for this response. Admittedly, I ask and explore with partners as that ends with less disappointment and frustration so don't worry, I promise I'm not tromping all over people's comfort levels.

As I was reading this thread I kept seeing over and over people saying "when I found out I was a stone femme" or "when I learned what these words meant" but there wasn't any sort of explanation of what that meant for those of us who weren't quite sure. I didn't know if there was some magical definition out there that I hadn't found yet.
Yes and, for $19.95 plus shipping and handling, you too can know the secrets of the Stones!

*grin*

You ever work at something really hard.....a task at work or maybe a word problem in school....and you can feel yourself getting closer to the answer but you are still confused about the process and are just not there yet? You kinda get it but not really? And then...out of nowhere...it comes to you? A moment that changes how you see things and brings things into focus that had been fuzzy?

For a lot of us, that's how it is. We're too close to be objective or maybe just ignorant of the verbiage but when we figure it out, it just "fits* and the Universe gives us a cosmic high five.

For me, it kind of felt like being able to take deep, full breath after years of shallow breathing.

I don't know of anyone that looked it up or heard about it and just said "Yep, that's it" casually without it bringing their world into focus a bit more and/or creating a moment in their life that they would remember for all time. Personal identity is, well, personal and I have no idea how that kind of discovery could not change someone at their very core.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 07-08-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: