Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post
Off to shoot a recent HS grad. . . so excited, haven't posted my mums pictures to flickr yet, but I did post some photos I took at a Pet Expo last weekend.

Okay.. .so edit question... what is your edit style? Do you group photographs and then go through them? How do you stay focused when "wading through 500 images"? What programs do you use/like?
I'm a Photoshop nerd and will pull out the images I like and ensure that color balance is optimal and that an image is cropped the way I like. I do tend to over-crop because I like a tight frame (that just sounds wrong). I'm not a purist when it comes to my images, and if an image has potential I will tweak it (burn, dodge, soften/sharpen focus, etc) until it matches my vision. I would do the same when I was working on photos in the darkroom, so why not digital.

When a batch of photos is huge (like the 500), I won't work through the entire set. I will pull out groupings for specific purposes. For example, I shot many of local marching bands because several of my friends have kids in the band and I was shooting for them to have keepsakes.

Also, I'm incredibly picky. Out of that large set, I may keep or publish a dozen.

How about you?
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post: