View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
Manul

How Do You Identify?:
Humanlike

Manul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST ReputationManul Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
I don't know if that is automatically a good thing as was pointed out in a quote posted by Melissa from the Bioethics article:

..."suggests a reason why activists for gay and lesbian rights should be wary of believing that claims for the innateness of homosexuality will lead to liberation. Evidence that homosexual orientation is inborn could, instead, very well lead to new means of pathologization and prevention, as it seems to be in the case we’ve been tracking."

Anyway, I take issue with sexual orientation being ALWAYS deemed a biological fact for everyone in the LGBT community. Sexual fluidity (especially in women) has been been proven and, for me, I have made some pretty solid choices as opposed to being swept along by any
predetermined biological or innate orientation.

Also, to attain equality, one shouldn't have to prove the innateness of sexual orientation.
Absolutely, one should claim human right to choose one's partner in life.