CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I am so glad to have found this! I feel like RipVanWinkle. I came out- dated, fell in love-in my 20's, had 18 years living together, it's over & needed a few years to heal from it, woke up, rubbed my eyes all of a sudden- WTF, I am in my 50's! Still don't know how that happened! I find it very difficult to start over at this age. Decided I would just be alone for the rest of my life but last week on the Today show, thy interviewed a 91 year-old woman that just married her 82 year-old BF she met online! I said to self: "You are not 90, get going"! I still hate getting older though.
I understand feeling strange about re-entering the dating pool in a totally different stage of life, but do you really hate getting older? There's only one other option because either we get to be older, or we don't.

I'm about to turn 50 this summer, and I'm very excited about it. I plan to enthusiastically celebrate my first half century partly because I had a close call last year, but I was planning to celebrate long before I had my accident.

My knees aren't cooperating with me quite as readily as they did a few decades ago, but I'm really glad I'm here to celebrate.