Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I understand feeling strange about re-entering the dating pool in a totally different stage of life, but do you really hate getting older? There's only one other option because either we get to be older, or we don't.

I'm about to turn 50 this summer, and I'm very excited about it. I plan to enthusiastically celebrate my first half century partly because I had a close call last year, but I was planning to celebrate long before I had my accident.

My knees aren't cooperating with me quite as readily as they did a few decades ago, but I'm really glad I'm here to celebrate.
What is the alternative indeed?!

I wrote my post shortly after joining the Planet last June.

A lot has happened since that time for me. I did date for a short time but wound up falling in love with a butch on the Planet and we are still together.

Life can be good regardless of age.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: