Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTigress View Post
The fact that Timber dropped hir keys somewhere in our parking lot, and apparently some youth are out in the parking lot cruising around to see if they can steal the truck.

My son was over for a little while earlier, and when he headed home, he noticed the truck's alarm was going off. That sent him back here to tell us, and that's when Timber noticed the keys were missing.

Shi went out and disconnected the spark plug wires, and while that was going on, I noticed some young people hanging out around the area. As this stuff escalated, I went out and drove out of my parking space and relocated my car where I could still see the truck. Those same young people kept cruising around the property, it seemed to be looking for an opportunity to see if they could get into the truck. Unfortunately, they spotted me in the car.

While they were keeping an eye on me, Timber snuck into the backseat of the truck, where shi's hiding now, in anticipation of confronting them, if they try to get in. I had to come back into the house, so I could lock the deadbolt, because they also have the key to the house, and I have to be inside to secure our home.

Why I'm scared right now is that Timber's hiding in the back seat of the truck, waiting to see if they try to get in, and I'm afraid they will, and shi will get hurt.

I've called the police non-emergency number, and reported what's going on, in case the PD will come out and investigate the fact that these kids are loitering around, and perhaps find Timber's key's on them, and return them.

I'm just afraid shi's going to get hurt, and I don't know what to do.

WT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTigress View Post
Thank you guys for your concerns. Well, the PD came and I explained what happened, and they talked Timber out of the truck, and suggested we drive it down the way to the local police station, to leave there for the night. It's about 3/4 of a mile away, so no way the kids would think to go over there to find it.

We've done that, and are back home now. Shi's going to get up when I go to work, so I can take hir to the truck, and then shi's going to go to the dealership to get the alarm re-coded and a new clicker.

I called my son to come over and secure our home while we dropped off the truck, and now he's hanging out on the porch with Timber while shi smokes a cigar.

We're all three pretty shaken, but at least we are all home safely. If they steal my second car, unfortunately insurance won't take care of that. It's only got liability, but the up side is that those kids haven't seen me in relation to that car, so hopefully if they try it's key in my new car, they will give up because it doesn't work in it.

Timber's going to get the locks changed here at the house, too.

WT
WT and Timber my heart goes out to you both
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote