imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I have put up a rather helpful post

Also, face book offers a bajillion groups to join. I've personally joined about 12 different local social meet up and event groups, 6 of which are dyke-queer focus, so I can have conversation with locals, know of local events within reach and when they happen. Most of these things are not advertised in papers or postered or fliers handed out. People don't do that much anymore - the way they advertise groups and events is through social media.

So joining facebook groups has been really helpful.

I type in search words and find a group to join that local and dyke. Then I look on the members list for someone who looks butch- then go to their page and look up all of their social groups because they might have some great groups I don't know about. I read about those groups, join the ones I like the sound of and repeat the process.

That way I find out a) where the butches and queers are actually going b) seeing where the femmes and girlies are going too. I found a couple femme friendship nights because of this.

It does take some research and a steep learning curve, and time, but if one is willing to try, it's great to learn the new ways social groups are coming together.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: