Thread: Privacy?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #59
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I rather despise the fact that paid members can be invisible. It feels like I am not worthy of protection as an unpaid member. I know I am spied upon. There is a name that NEVER leaves my visitor list. But i also wonder who else watches me silently. It almost feels like how a set of dogs attacks..one from the rear, one in the front.

Yet I remain present. And I do not stop saying anything I want to say. If people want to keep tabs on me, so be it. I just hate that they can use that feature to do so. If I had the means to pay for a membership, i would, so i wouldn't feel shadowed. But not being able to isnt enough to keep me away from a site that otherwise, i feel comfortable in.

I go in the butt and fist threads. Hahaha. I make sure my silent watchers get their monies worth....
I have to wonder why you feel so watched, Miss_Tia? And what about someone visiting your page is so threatening to you? I visit a gazillion pages a day (just because I'm nosey like that) and the few times someone has questioned my intent, I simply answer honestly and make a mental note to respect said person's privacy.

I'm not sure if I am still invisible, but for a while I very much appreciated being able to log in here and know not everyone could see which threads I was visiting and where I was on the site. It was a vulnerable time for me. Now I don't feel so sensitive and I don't mind being observed in such a manner.

It is tricky trying to navigate the same space your ex occupies, but it can be done. For me the process has been about learning not to read everything through a "me" lens. And then, of course, being respectful of their right to move forward as they see fit, and vs-vs.

No one here has ever resembled a pack of dogs to me. I'm sorry you feel that way.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post: