Old 05-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #509
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The Rain

This is a post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi thriller, a 2018 Netflix release, in Danish with English audio and English subs.

"The world as we know it has ended. Six years after a brutal virus carried by the rain wiped out almost all humans in Scandinavia, two Danish siblings emerge from the safety of their bunker to find all remnants of civilization gone. Soon they join a group of young survivors and together set out on a danger-filled quest through abandoned Scandinavia, searching for any sign of life. Set free from their collective past and societal rules the group has the freedom to be who they want to be. In their struggle for survival, they discover that even in a post-apocalyptic world there's still love, jealousy, coming of age, and many of the problems they thought they'd left behind with the disappearance of the world they once knew."

I have watched the first episode and the feel of it reminds me of the classic cult post-apocalyptic BBC cult classic "The Last Train [aka Cruel Earth]", done in 1999. So, there is more emphasis on character development.

In that sense, it isn't a Hollywood blockbuster, but I am into the second episode and it gets better and there is more action now; I'm enjoying it.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: