View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #243
princesskathie

How Do You Identify?:
Sparkle Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, babydoll, cutiepie, and angelpop all work just fine!
Relationship Status:
All kinds of twitterpated!

princesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm jumping into this thread way way late, but I want to chime in on the original June Cleaver question.

I don't feel any sort of femme connection with Junie at all. She was unendingly dull because the only role she had was to facilitate the happenings in other people's lives. My memory may be blurry, but I don't recollect June ever doing anything interesting EVER. I mean, really, even Barbie went to the moon and became a veterinarian.

Plus June dressed EXACTLY like every single other girl on the block, and my flavor of femminess expresses itself through the way I doll up. I'm a girlygirl, but I certainly don't want to dress in standard girlygirl uniform.

I respect the value of taking care of others that June embodied, but we can certainly take good care of our loved ones while being vibrant femmes in our own right.

Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve to have me at my best.
princesskathie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princesskathie For This Useful Post: