Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #33
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeGina View Post
I have to ask though, what's so wrong about someone getting aroused from what they're reading in here? It's a natural reaction to a discussion that is inherently sexual.

Isn't this like describing a glass of water in great detail...and then being shocked when someone says they are thirsty? Yes, we femmes empower and care for ourselves, plus reserve the right to define "sexy" on our terms for ourselves. That said, we can't expect to possess total control over how others see us, how they want to see us, or what they think is sexy about us.
To answer your first question, it's like free speech. Just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you SHOULD say something.

This is a thread for femmes, in the femme zone and it's reasonable to request that it be free of anything that may feel like leering or that our responses are somehow designed to turn someone else on. To me, the thread is just for us and we don't always get to allow ourselves to be sexy or show that we feel sexy because someone can and often will, turn that against us in a 'we said that just for them' kind of way. It's unsettling.

There's a certain vulnerability when you reveal someone personal to oneself and to have someone....even someone whose intention was not unkind....come in and say that what some of what we said turned them on, that feels unfair to me.

As Snowy said, we get this kind of behavior in the world on a regular basis. That doesn't make it right or okay here.

Brock, thank you for apologizing. We all speak before thinking at one time or another. It happens. How one handles it afterwards shows a lot about that person and their intentions and I don't think the intention was malicious. Just that what happened was inconsiderate.

As for your second question which I underlined, this question makes me feel uneasy because it's very close to 'she was wearing a short skirt and deserved it' in my head. I take ownership of that leap but I still feel that it's not unreasonable to expect to post in this thread, in this particular forum, without judgement or someone taking ownership of what is not theirs to take.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: