How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Ben and I went to the protest in Orlando. It was awesome and beautiful and fun. It was held in Lake Eola Park which is where one of the largest pride activities in the country, "Come out with Pride" is held every October. I have been trying unsuccessfully to find crowd estimates. There were thousands of people there, but I have no real idea exactly how many. The signs were funny and meaningful. My favorite was proudly displayed by a little girl of approximately two years old. It read "Girls are strong." The crowd was considerate, and friendly and intent. The speakers were great. I have no names for the speakers, but I was especially moved by one speaker who said. "If they require the registration of Muslims, we will ALL register." I immediately pictured myself in a head scarf, and I know this is something I am willing to do, and will do if it becomes necessary.

I spent most of last night watching tape of the Washington event on freespeech TV. It evoked so many different feelings in me. Two great old loves of my life were there; Gloria Steinem and Angela Davis. Two women who have spent their entire lives engaged in political action . . . still alive, still healthy, still with us, still fighting. Made me proud.

I have been pretty much in a state of shock and despair since election night. These events gave me a small sliver of hope.

I hope we will continue to work, together and separately to free ourselves completely of this dangerous man who has become president, or at least to work to deny him and fellow republicans their regressive and dark agenda.

Power to the people!!!

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: