mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

I have an abusive mother as well. It's never fun. It does make one grow up quickly though. You either learn how to get love, respect, honor and lessons from others or fail as a person.
I stopped going to my mother for important things when I was 5 years old. I didn't meet my father before her died but I spoke with him several times before he passed. There are many like me who have fractured relationships with parents. It hurts but in the long run, it's ok. We just learn how to push thru issues quickly and get to living the good life.
I wonder if we all strive to be as happy as possible. I know I am better when I do but that may be just part of life. People feel better striving for happiness. Point is...what is my point...oh yeah, you may have a different mother than me, yet we are siblings in a different family. Not a comfortable family but one that matters none the less. We are the few who were not mothered by our mothers. And yet we persevere
OH! And my mother seems to be a pathological liar. She lies about almost everything. Of the many things she told me about my father, only 6 were true and 3 were that he was a black, American male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
My mother has an untreated mental illness. Unfortunately I think life circumstances growing up has made things horrible for her. Nothing is ever good enough. Like when I do a race, she only asks if I won, and if I didn't, she doesn't care. Everyone is either stupid or useless. She calls me, my sister, and my father stupid to our faces. She has no job (was fired for personality issues many years ago), no friends, no visitors. I have no idea how my dad stays with her; he's almost 70 and he's still working 60 hour work weeks. Dad says good Christians don't get divorces. She is just so full of anger at the world and it's sad.

As a child I can remember making her cry when I accidentally shaved part of my hair off playing with a razor in the shower (pretending I was shaving).

She'd always yell at me for wearing big boots, having messy hair, never wearing makeup, etc. growing up. Now she tells me my hair is too damn short and to never cut it that short again.

I've introduced her to past girlfriends and explained who they are; she still doesn't get it. She drops the slang "feminazi" and makes of queers.

She doesn't get it, she never will.
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post: