Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm not Orema, but forgive me for jumping in with my .02 anyway. I have found that a pen-and-paper planner really helps me organize my life, and one of the best ways it does this is that I can look back and see if the things I planned are really what I did. I keep mine somewhat as a journal, and I have moved everything I can that is on paper into the planner/journal - like bill payments, and stuff I would have written on sticky notes (sometimes I just tape the sticky notes in there), and passwords, and a list of all my medications, and my check register, and notes about what I want to cover in planned phone calls, and a list of all the Christmas gifts I have bought each year, and my important addresses, and ideas for crafty projects, and doctor's appointments, etc. I still use my phone electronic calendar for appointments, too.

It has really helped with my memory problems. It has also cut down drastically on the amount of paper that I have to keep up with.
I use a plain old five subject notebook much the same way. Each page is a new list-shopping, To-Do, important dates coming up, notes for phone calls, and so on. I also break down big goals into little steps. It's not "daily" as much as a series of lists. I love not carrying around everything in my memory-addled brain. And it's very satisfying to check off items .