Old 06-27-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lesbian Visibility--Your needs? Your thoughts?

I am starting talks in my town as to the present needs of the Lesbian community. Lesbian Visibility has once again, it seems, diminished.

The evolution of time and life has been helping us mainstream ourselves here in Los Angeles. This is a good thing. A wonderful thing. BUT when things like Orlando occur, our natural support locations are nill and gone.

We have no Lesbian space. Our bars have closed (save for one or two) and all we have is a night here or "That bar gets a lot of women on this night of the week" Type of places.

The Friday before Pride used to be a Lesbian night, but the local Pride committee has co-oped it for a music festival.

And so, my friends, Give me your thoughts? What would you need from your local community to make you feel safe and included? What would you need from your friends and neighbors to make you feel like your voice was heard and your basic Lesbian needs were met? (lifestyle needs, dating needs, etc)

Please include your age if you don't mind. I'm trying to make this TransGenerational.
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post: