Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching the Borgias. I'm only on Season 1, Episode 4, but I'm constantly brought back to parallels with our current world. Power corrupts. Hanging on to power becomes the only aim and leaves a wake of victims.

I'm sure the producers and writers saw that and made it the core of their story lines. It moves with a furious pace of duplicity and is full of villains and dupes. But I can't imagine, even they, imagined how close they would come to what has, and is, happening now.

There is at least one major caveat to watching it...the acting is horrendous...perhaps I should check if it is dubbed. However the sex isn't bad and the tortures are innovative and with enough gore to please the worst of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: