Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you all for the inspiring words for all of us who are contemplating going into nursing. Monday, I start working at a nursing home as a certified nursing assistant. My next step will be a registered nurse.

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
Psssssstttttt. Whispers don't do it !!!!
Be a physical therapist they make soooo much more and have much less stress

P.S. if you laughed at that statement then becoming an RN is for you !
If you took offense to the statement , nursing isn't the path .
That's our humor bc the majority of us have an out there sence of humor at times. To be honest you have to laugh or you will mentally break down from the things you go through from nursing school to the real world. The money is ok , the stability is amazing, the positions are amazing, is ICU what you may like , well no , ok maybe try ortho , urology, neurology , dialysis nursing , home health ,,,, on and on you can pick from .
The overtime is great . If you think your shift ends in 12 hrs , well there comes the situation where you pt codes and your 12 hr shift turned into a 16 hr shift .
To be a nurse is the most AMAZING, REWARDING, HEARTBREAKING, ABUSIVE, STRESSFUL , CHALLENGING , DIVERSE , BEAUTIFUL CAREER TO HAVE .
Ask Anya, tangle , always2late, all the nurses will say its all of those described words in caps
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: