How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Well I always thought I was a Cancer (June 21) but some horoscopes say Gemini...... Then I read something about being born "on the cusp" and having a little bit of both Cancer and Gemini, then another article said there is no such thing as a cusp, so I'm really not sure what my sign really is? V. I love astrology but don't quite understand it.
An exact birth time will settle the question about which sign the sun was in when you were born, astronomically speaking. But you're right, there are a lot of different takes on the importance of cusps. My own take is that you can go with Cancer. I envision the planets like flashlights, shining ahead into where they're moving. So even if it's barely still in Gemini, you're already picking up a lot of Cancer energy. Imagine standing at the doorway of a dark room (Gemini) and shining a flashlight into the next room (Cancer). You're not yet in that room, but it's illuminated more than the room you're in. That's how I see cusp energy.

Also, that cusp energy doesn't work from next sign to previous sign. That is, people born the day after the cusp aren't tapped into the energy of the previous sign (well, unless something else is going on in that sign). The flashlight doesn't point backwards.

At least that's my take.