Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

My slice of heaven is Cave Hill mountain which has the highest vantage point over the city of Belfast, Northern Ireland. In addition to views over Belfast, it's possible to see the western coast of Scotland.

Much like the city it watches over, the mountain has a long and sometimes sad history including the scene of ancient Celtic battles and the site of a significant amount of trauma during World War Two.

Although the panoramic views of the city below and of Belfast Lough are beautiful, especially at dawn and dusk, there are more beautiful, more calming and more dramatic landscapes in the world. However, that's irrelevant to me. For me, this is the one that matters to me and I love how it towers over and protects my city. It's a part of my DNA.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post: