View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #3687
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
When I first read this, it was like, who is she, I had no idea who she was, so in a sense, just words about someone I didn't know, and to be honest it didn't mean much to me, BUT then today, I saw this report on her on CBS This Morning.

She was this well-known fashion designer.

Now, I'm the kind of butch who in the rainy season wears checked (aka plaid) flannel shirts, jeans or sweat pants, and comfy Skecher running shoes. In the summer, I wear wrangler shorts or some cargo shorts with those side pockets which I like, short-sleeved checked shirts and my very comfy TEVA sandals. In other words, I know zilch about the fashion industry. I leave that to femmes and those who are fashion-conscious.

But as I am sitting here drinking my moka coffee, and reviewing what I saw on TV, my eyes began to water as I remembered her face, how she talked about quitting her company to raise her daughter (13 years old now, omg how that will affect that child!!!) - how absolutely tragic and sad for someone like her to kill herself, when she was physically healthy. I have never felt suicidal, and yet I felt deeply for the fact that someone ended their life, someone who seemed so full of life, so young (only 55!), still full of promise, who had not seen it all.

They suggested on TV that there was the possibility that she was bipolar, and also conflict between her and her husband, perhaps financial woes, etc. I don't suffer from S.A.D. (which is supposedly mild bipolar) but I know many here in B.C. who do and who have the "blues" in the rainy season. I don't know what the solution for this is, but I think it is important to speak out about such things, and not to hide things (which apparently, she was good at).

I see that online the U.S. stats re: Suicide vs. Homicide, the stats from 2014 are: 41,143 vs. 16,108 as per the following link:

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/u...ide-vs-suicide

I had no idea - 3:1 !
I too had no idea of those stats charley, truly shocking.

I read today that her husband had asked her for a divorce, if that can be believed with so many `untruths` in the news. Perhaps that was the final thing to push her over the edge or it may have been inevitable regardless of that if her mental state was so desperately low, who knows. She had been so fabulously successful and made such a vast amount of money. Now not for a moment am I saying that her money could solve her problems, of course not but it would of aided her in accessing quickly the very best of professional help in battling her demons and yet sadly it seems she didnt get the help she needed and now her poor daughter, 13, has to go through life without her Mom. So very sad.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post: