View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #5
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I enjoyed the original post as it was written and understand the intention. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

As for the question posed; I have actually had the opposite experience. I did have traits and ideals that I sought out when I was young based on the fantasies of childhood from various sources. In those first relationships of my twenties (and maybe beyond ) I discovered that some of those things I thought I wanted were, in real life, not all they were cracked up to be in my mind.

My desires have matured although sometimes there will be a fleeting moment of reflection on an old ideal before I catch myself and say "Nope, already tried that one", I'd really rather pursue this other trait.

The older we are, the more likely our childhood memories are to include "incorrect" thinking because that is what was available at the time, at least on comics and movies.

Examining our current thinking and seeing where we either use or change our past ideals is interesting. I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise.

Thanks for the thread idea!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: