Old 04-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #65
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
BullDog, I know that you do not identify as trans in any way. However, you can get "top surgery" (through your insurance, if they have trans health care benefits), as long as you are willing to say that you have gender dysphoria of some sort and you would feel better with no chest. There are non-binary people (people who don't identify as women or men and/or as female or male), and they get covered.

If you DO have insurance (private, healthcare market place, or Medicaid) and you are in a state that requires that all insurance companies provide trans health coverage, then you have it. Alternatively, you can see if you can find a plastic surgeon who will code it as a breast reduction, but that is very hard to find.

Some people get part time jobs at places like Best Buy, Starbucks, Apple, and many other places so that they can get top surgery. Bigger companies like that also don't give people a hard time when they are trying to get surgeries covered, either. They follow WPATH standards and all that needs to be said is that your chest causes you "distress", and due to this it is medically necessary that you get the surgery.

When I got my top surgery and was identifying as butch, even if my company had trans health insurance I couldn't have gotten it because I didn't identify as transgender. It is different now. It is about the person's medical need to feel more comfortable with their body, if they are in distress about the parts of their body that we connect to a person's "gender".

Thank you Dapper, I definitely need to look into things more, and especially since we don't know how things will change under the current political climate. For me it is definitely a body and gender dysphoria issue even though I don't id as trans or as male identified.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: