EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I've met many female identifying butches who have wanted top surgery, but never met any who have actually had the procedure done. I think CAMH is now a bit better for female identifying people who want top surgery, though I'm not sure if the requirements are the same as for trans guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post

My current partner who does not identify as FTM but like many of you, did not want breasts, chose to have the surgery in Toronto with a plastic surgeon who works with a local cosmetic surgery facility. I felt like they were more accommodating and respectful to us. He does not have gender dysphoria, is too old to bother with a hysterectomy and has no intentions of going on T. We did need some kind of referral which proved to be difficult as he was not seeing a therapist but I think eventually got one from his doctor. He had to pay for it himself as there were no medical reasons for doing so.
Did your current partner have it in Mississauga with McLean, by any chance? That's where I had mine and they're really awesome there, and they didn't seem interested in gender policing. They basically only asked me questions that were meant to make sure I was positive about getting the surgery done. I wonder how long ago it was though that your partner had the surgery (if he did have it there)? I had mine there about a year and a half ago and I didn't need a referral for him to have the surgery done, I also voiced to him that I didn't intend to be on T for the time being. The only thing I needed from my doctor was to have a physical done to show that I was physically healthy enough for surgery, and then a blood test from another clinic.

I was lucky in that I managed to get a student line of credit in the nick of time before banks started becoming stricter on approving them. For those that can still get them, that's probably the best route to go for top surgery if you want to avoid therapists. Especially since there are more and more top rate surgeons who don't require referrals or any of that crap anymore.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: