How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Ok, who knits in here?!

I can crochet my ass off and even read the little weird pineapple-patterns but I've been wanting to learn to knit.
My question is this - Is it going to destroy my carpal tunnel on the same level as crocheting does?
I can still crochet but not for long periods of time so I am trying to prepare myself mentally for what knitting might be like.
I just want to make a scarf at this point! I'll get to the fancy shit later!
So Medusa here's the short answer - knitting can mess with your carpal tunnel.

I was having some problems and learned a little trick. If you use the connected knitting needles instead of the two individual knitting needles it goes easier on your wrists. That way the weight of whatever project you're working on isn't on your wrists but is left on the needles. Hope that helps. And if you don't know what I'm talking about I'll be glad to p.m. you.

Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post: