Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Congrats on your sale Ashton!

Someone on this very site bought some greetings cards from me. How awesome is that!

The sale was a nice one and i would like to put that revenue towards some Editing software.

i plan to spend the winter months priming up my photo biz in a new direction.

i want to shoot people and hopefully people and pets. i love pet photography!

i have a lot to learn.

Lighting and photo editing software. i don't have any.

i don't know where to start and i really want to do this right, having my confidence where it needs to be.

i won't be using a studio so outside shots will be my main mode, but even outside requires lighting in some way at times. i have no idea how i want to do this but it's coming together.

i am not going to get Photoshop at the $500 price tag. i don't want to spend more time editing than i do shooting. i want to get it right in the camera with some effects and light editing. Also i am color blind and when i have edited in the past i was told it was too much, because i don't see color like everyone else it's hard to judge, so effects and blemish control mostly.

Someone suggested Elements. Any thoughts?

Ashton!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Anyone?
Hey kiddo_dee... hee hee I funny guy...what you don't get it...girl_dee...kiddo_dee...well I thought it was funny!!

A N Y W A Y!!!

Afraid I'm not much help in this department. I use online free editing software Picmonkey and what used to be picnik and now is just Google editing on Google+. I do have a a copy of Paintshop Pro Photo2X that a got with my new laptop 3 yrs ago, but don't use it too much except for resizing images to 300 DPI and printing sizes. Unfortunately neither picnik or picmonkey do that. I don't do much more with it because I don't really understand how to use it. I have played around with it and can do basic stuff but really most all the stuff I want to do to images I can do in the online stuff. & the other takes up a lot of room on the computer. I will see if I can copy Paintshop and send a copy to you and you can see if it works for you. You might want to check but I know you can get some of the older Photoshops, Elements, Paintshops at a discount price if you look around. IMHO you don't need the latest and greatest to get the job done the others worked great for all those years its just the new things they add and since your wanting to keep your work basic any of the earlier versions are more then enough.

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post: