View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #13627
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

that I need to call an old friend whom I've not communicated with in months ... she shared something deeply personal with me ... I gave her my opinion and that was not to beat herself over the head about it ... and do not take any action yet or if ever - just to be careful because I did not think she would like the consequences if she took action and I knew for a fact it was something terribly out of character for her ... this is a straight femme friend, a good soul, I have known almost 2 decades, not that it matters ... btw, it is recovery related, not that that it matters either

It is about being honest ... I loosely quoted our literature by saying to her "except when to do so would harm others ... " She has admitted it to god, to herself and to another human being (me) ... I think anything more with this particular one would be overkill and bring on significnt undesirable consequences.

This woman has been sober years and years and years ... I have always thought her to be a perfectionist. Sometimes one does not need to be perfect --->>> only employ a little common sense.

I pass.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: