Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
Speaking for myself, of course, I think there are several things at play: firstly, we are socialized as female (generally), and therefore not generally accustomed to making the first move. Secondly, it can be dangerous to make a move when you are a butch. Lastly, I have no interest in straight women, so yeah, if I assume/think someone is straight, I keep my energy to myself.

Overall, I do think that knowing that the opening is there, so to speak, allows me to feel comfortable expressing interest. No opening, no interest.
Thank you for chiming in Clyde! I so appreciate your insights about being socialized as women-so true.

I think I understand but am curious to hear your thoughts as to why it is dangerous for a butch to make a move?

I really appreciate you sharing about the 'opening' that allows you to feel comfortable to express interest.

What kind of 'opening' is preferable and most appreciated by you? I hope other butches will join this thread and share as well!