View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #6798
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

A box or envelope is fine by me. I ditto'ed the use of the small flat rate box from USPS for a few reasons... the postage is just 'bout $7 ... and... the box is free... and... a box stands up better to being handled by our beloved USPS... and... a box can't be folded and/or shoved into a mail box.

Sending extra dough is great... but... I have a sense that the extra sent may not always extend sufficiently to cover the extra postage and the extra packaging for all of the participants. Larger, heavier or oddly shaped pieces means postage and packaging on all the packages is increased.

If we don't want to create any max/min standards at this time, that's cool! The points I mention above are clearly on my mind right now! If for no other reason, I'm glad I was wrangler on this twinchie project so no one else had to deal with my getting carried away! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
As for requiring specific packaging, I'm not a fan. I'm not going to require a flat box when we do crafts that will easily ship in padded envelopes. That's additional expense for nothing. My vote is that we package our goodies according to their size and bulk and to take that into consideration when sending money to wranglers. Some already do that and send extra when their goodies are bigger and/or heavier than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
NO to "flat rate boxes, as these do get expensive to ship, and most always our projects have fit the manila envelopes...much cheaper to ship back out. Yes, to adding few extra $ if ours is bigger, heavier, bulkier. My adding "Do not bend, spindle, fold, or mutilate"...PRICELESS and is a "clay thang"...lol
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: