Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
A box or envelope is fine by me. I ditto'ed the use of the small flat rate box from USPS for a few reasons... the postage is just 'bout $7 ... and... the box is free... and... a box stands up better to being handled by our beloved USPS... and... a box can't be folded and/or shoved into a mail box.

Sending extra dough is great... but... I have a sense that the extra sent may not always extend sufficiently to cover the extra postage and the extra packaging for all of the participants. Larger, heavier or oddly shaped pieces means postage and packaging on all the packages is increased.

If we don't want to create any max/min standards at this time, that's cool! The points I mention above are clearly on my mind right now! If for no other reason, I'm glad I was wrangler on this twinchie project so no one else had to deal with my getting carried away! lol

Another huge point to using the flat envelopes is that some folks do work, so aren't home during day, and we have a set rule to "NOT send anything requiring a signature" for any parcels sent.

That said, also not everyone will have a mailbox to accommodate "boxes" and sometimes can't have things left outside their doors....so those are considerations for sure!

I have a very small "box" in a bank of mailboxes on the wall in a secure building. Luckily our mail arrives while manager is on duty, and will call us to come down & get a package that will not fit in the small boxes.

Just my "priceless" two cents worth...