Old 02-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #27
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

Yes he packaged himself well. And sold his BS to many (hence complacency amongst the masses). He needed the first layer- votes to win but the 1% are generally the decision and policy makers - this is not new. What is worrisome - the increasing disparity of between the extremes resulting in less support of and less criticism from the 98%. It took his embarrassing behaviour of 1% to generate action. The claims were there all along, but until it affected the ‘few’ nothing was done.

He sold a bag of goods (demagogue) and now the city is paying for it. Nothing new this happens with many politicians. George Smitherman another example if I recall correctly was responsible for implementing e-health system that was a disaster (I may have the specifics wrong - this was before I arrived to the city). I wouldn’t vote for Smitherman (something about his character), but for most people his lost was because he is gay. Nothing more. So much for having strong convictions or beliefs. It can be tossed just on premise of orientation. The Human condition.

I agree Toronto has a thin veneer. However more and more of that veneer is not being created or generated by the working class.

I don’t blame the man he got away with it as long as he has. No one to blame really but ourselves. Our system has become more about bureaucratic policies, then accountability. More short sight then long term view. This will repeat itself with whoever else is in power.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post: