Old 06-17-2019, 07:24 PM   #644
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Euphoria (U.S. 2019 TV Series - HBO)

I watched the first half of the 1st episode (the Pilot), this TV series will cause many to react to triggers: drugs, sex, mental illnesses...

There is quite a lot of controversy regarding this show.

Actually, I got bored half-way thru the first episode, and stopped watching.

Spoiler alert:

The kid is numbering window panes in her mind and keeps getting interrupted by the control-freak mother, and so starts crying; so, the mom takes her to a shrink, and the shrink labels her with a zillion mental illnesses, and she is prescribed all sorts of meds!! It goes downhill from there.

Ya know, I didn't think she had that bad of a childhood apart from that one incident, so I had problems believing the story line (apparently, her sister was "normal" - whatever that means! - and the fact that there was no sexual abuse in childhood, no beating, no abandonment, so it was difficult to believe how her illness develops). A lot of passionless, mindless, mediocre teenagers with nothing better to do than think about sex, and drugs, and ... you get it! I wonder what teenagers watching this will or might identify with the characters...
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: