View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #496
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today I went ahead and canceled my hotel and car reservations to visit my mother over Mother’s Day, she can’t have any visitors anyway, never mind the fact that I would have to quarantine for two weeks after entering the state. Just out of curiosity I wondered how cheap the airfare had gotten and took a look. Alaska airlines is the only company that serves passengers in her town with a small turbo prop plane. There is no longer passenger service in her town or anywhere closer than a 4 Hour drive. I really didn’t see that one coming, of course I should have, but it was a surprise nonetheless. Another hurdle between us.

Beyond that where she is staying is working out very well for being on lockdown. It is a small private home with only four residents and half a dozen permanent caregivers. They also have a large deck which at this time of year provides very nice outdoor space and they are also eating lunch outside weather permitting each with their own table about 8 feet away from each other. Given what I have seen about these large crowded nursing and care homes I am extremely grateful for having found this place. I can only imagine how incredibly isolating it would be for these folks to be literally locked into their room or apartment. At least mom has freedom of movement within the various rooms of the house as well as the deck. All things considered, I don’t think she could be in a better place.

I still wish I could go be with her for Mother’s Day.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: