Old 03-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #267
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default Music Soothes

Muddy Waters can always bring a happy haze over my brain if the panic attack isn't too severe. It will Block out whatever thoughts are there and bring me back down heart rate and breathing too. I dont really hear the lyrics as words or think of the blues as depressing. It is something beyond that, it's my association with it and how his music is so tied to a Huge positive thing to me personally.

There are other artists and other genres that can do the same thing for me, so it's not just "the blues" making me feel happy in general as is usual. I think music therapy is a miracle all by itself. Finding the songs that work for you is the hardest part. Association was what I think helped me, I associate certain songs with memories or moods. Then Make the mixed cd's and keep them around to try, dont expect it to work every time... just throw it in there with the other things you already do to combat the ptsd symptoms you have.

I just rented yoga dvd's that are for beginners (or "out of shape") to use without doing the complete yoga thing. Relaxation techniques and breathing and stretches that reduce stress depression and related issues. One of them is candlelight yoga, cant wait to try em out. I got them under the guise of "for" my daughter since she is yoga newbie totally and uninterested since birth lol. But I confess I am really excited to participate in yoga structured exercises geared to help with both of our ptsd, not just as an exercise geared for fitness, and doing it together is another bonus. Just passin on the ideas...