Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Princess4U.

I believe you have to figure it out internally. You have to find that place of inner peace. It is a coping mechanism. Let me give you an example, every now and then I have to come in contact with my bio-father. Now remember he has a razor sharp tongue that will cut anyone down in size in a second. He finds joy in that. I am just to the point that I try with all my might to ignore him. I pity him. He has nothing really. He has no friends. The only family he has is the one he bought with a new home, cars, etc. And he throws that in my face whenever he lays eyes on me. I guess it makes him feel better for being such an ass. So when he starts using the derrogatory name calling, and berrating me head to toe, I put my hand up like a stop sign, and I leave. There is only so much I can take. When I get the phone calls of why don't you call, I tell him and my mother that I am always insulted and offended when I come by. Why should I drive three hours to be offended and insulted? I just need one reason other than my mother. It is so not worth it.

Gemme's quote by Dr. Boyce Watkins is so relevent to us. I think when folks are verbally abused like we have been, it hits home. I am not sure of anyone else, but there are times when I feel like everyone is playing the big homecoming football game, and I am the waterboy on the sidelines. I am always on the sidelines. Always. So, I get what you are saying.

ox,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post: