daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I just finished Profiles in Folly, History's Worst Decisions and Why They Went Wrong by Alan Axelrod

I love history, so I enjoyed it. A light look at a bunch of big messes.

I am off to the library this weekend to find something new.
That sounds like a really cool history-related book that I could 'get into'!

I love libraries--just wandering down the aisles is fun for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
how did i get here - chapter 1

".. i'm sure i was sociable. days were nearly always spent kicking balls, exploring the woods, digging in soil, and sometimes eating it, roaming the hills and in each other's houses..." - keith

i am reading asperger syndrome- a love story, written by sarah hendricks and keith newton. the couple explain who they are as individuals, chronicle their meeting and first ill-fated relationship, followed by a painful but vital period of separation and learning to the final destination of a new, different, more satisfactory relationship together. personal accounts - embracing [humourously a lot of the time] neurodiversity!

i'm also still reading jayber crow, a novel by wendell berry. [his work with farm alliance is amazing, by the way]. this book is poetic, philosophical, and the community members/town is imagined- richly so!

i hope you are doing well, daisy - whatcha readin' ?

belle
ox

The love story sounds really interesting to me--I'm gonna have to put that on my reading list!

Hugs to you, Ms. Belle! I'm reading...well...pieces of my dissertation for editing at the moment--but I can't wait until I have leisure time to read for fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Currently I am reading:

Alchemical Psychology, Old recipes for living in a new world by Thom Cavalli;

The Fisher king and the Handless Maiden; understanding The wounded feeling Function in the Masculine and Feminine in Psychology; by Robert Johnson

And I am currently researching Nyx, The Goddess Night. I am preparing to tell a story to my drumming circle. We are honoring the darkness and I thought what a great way to share what the darkness has 'birthed' for us through mythology. She is an amalgamation of other creation myths so old that the only places she is still present is in the oldest of the old written myths.

Flying my geek colors....
I love love love mythology--your drumming circle is sure to be inspiring!

Geek colors--cool beans! We should have T-shirts--and our own flag!

Thanks everyone, for sharing your love for books

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post: