Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #3359
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Vice

You know, this film has also added to my understanding of how Trump won the election. When I first saw the title, I thought vice was meant to be some moral failing or bad habit and the film would be about cops and robbers - some crime film, and not that it would be a biopic about the Vice-President, Dick Cheney. But after watching the film, I can easily see that, in this instance, it meant both (chuckles).

I think, Christian Bale, who won the Golden Globe for best actor really deserved it. I liked this film, especially how it showed the growth of the right throughout America and who made that possible, how it also mentioned how public opinion evolved into a way of seeing the world (for many Americans) through the emergence of the Republican-based news network Fox - and how it was created by peeps like Cheney (almost typed "creeps" like Cheney ...........). The last after-credit scene with people expressing how they liked/disliked the film was priceless, with a hard-core right-winger taking swipes at the "liberal" under- and over-tone of the whole film, resulting in a free-for-all melee. Absolutely priceless - fact vs. opinion. Really worth seeing.

having trouble inserting the youtube insert, you can click at bottom of black screen - the little arrow at the bottom right-hand corner, which will take you to the YouTube trailer, or I am also adding here a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGFt6w0wok&t=58s

Here is also a link of Christian Bale praising Satan as inspiration on "how to play this role". [about 1:10 into link]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFcsWwU5yo
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: