How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

My Monday night sleep was awful. I was tired from the night before, and sometimes that leads to me eating a big dinner and procrastinating doing my evening tasks, and then it is a cycle that continues during the work week.

It is really bad this week! Last night I slept from -I don't know- maybe 12:30 to 5:45, which equals 5 hrs and 15 minutes.

Then tonight it is 12:40 and I'm still up. My boo and I went out for Valentine's Day and that was extra stimulation after work which, as an introvert, can be a lot for me. And work was one of the most stressful days ever.

Today I dealt with a mean colleague, mentioned by me before on this thread, and somehow it is so upsetting to me. So tonight I stayed up googling how to deal with someone horrible at work. I found some helpful tips but if anyone on the thread has any, you can post and let me know. Her personality type is full force "my way or the high way" / nasty / sabotaging (etc.). And the admin likes her because she knows whose ass to kiss. It's causing me a lot of stress.

On top of that my job itself is very stressful so dealing with someone mean I work with just pushes me over the edge with stress. In my work, I am working with teen moms who are going through such life traumas that extend beyond an MTV version of "Teen moms." Today a girl who had her first baby in 8th grade just had a miscarriage and didn't know she was pregnant, and my emotions and feelings for what she was experiencing were intense.

My work stress causes me to take naps at night instead of sleep. I am able to get some awesome catch up sleep on weekends but the work week itself can be brutal for me. I don't do well without sleep, especially when it becomes cumulative. It's a new job and I am trying so hard but it is a struggle.

Tomorrow is going to be hard on my third night of a "nap" instead of a night of sleep. And it's supposed to snow and rain too. Sometimes I just have to think of surviving the day. That's what my mom taught me.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: