View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #4541
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I have big problem with acid reflux and take nexium daily,i'm also on the Atkins diet cause it's the only thing that works for me.For the last couple of days I have had the belchies and chest pain cause of the stuff that hits me at mid chest and feels liek a heart problem.This happend at my doctors office last week and she gave me an on the spot full ekg with lab work..I told her what it was but she had to see for her self,she agrees with me about feeling like my gaull bladder is fixing to pull a nasty bender wich is gonna make me real sick till it runns it corse.I have had gaull stones before so the old doctor I had said just let it pass then it will be ok,this doctos said if it dose blow this time it comes out,I have been so ready for it to be taken out so I wont have to deal with it.
Anyway with this adkins food plan the only thing that has been a problem is feeling like im gonna wipe out after a hard work out,i'm keeping my carbs around 35 oe 40 I tryed to go on a zero carb thing but I couldnt handle it like I could when I was 40yro.So im keeping baked chicken in the fridge,boied eggs,pnb,cheese to use as a pick up.What use to work was fruit but most have a prob with to many carbs...an small apple has 29 and an orange has 40
so what else can I do? if anyone has a sugestion I would be thakfull for it.

Veggies are way lower in carbs, avacado and egg whites on a salad, celery goes well with pnb. Carrots, cabbage, cauliflower are all higher carbs, but cabbage can be used to make a meat/cheese roll up. For portability, celery stuffed with pnb, or broccoli pieces might be easier for after a workout.

Concentrate on timing...2 hours before a workout, eat a protein, and drink water. Avoid sugar AND sugar substitutes...new studies are painting a picture of Splenda/Equal/Spireva all adding to abdominal fat (worse for cardiac health) and rebound cravings/'drops' in serum glucose secondary to low blood sugars---which are actually caused by the body neurologically being aware that although a 'sweet' was consumed, the expected physiological change didn't occur...so your brain tells you to consume more. Vicious cycle if you answer that with more substitutes....

Good luck!!!
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post: