TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Well today was mom's surgery for carpal tunnel, later today that is. I just got home and am now trying to relax. She is doing alright but we'll see tonight and tomorrow after the lidocaine wears off her hand. she's allergic to codeine so doc prescribed tramadol. I hope it helps her with the pain she may have. I"ve never had this surgery, although I probably need it done as well. She's out of commission using her left hand until stitches come out in 2 wks from now. Then we'll see what's going on with it. I don't know if she'll need hand therapy for strengthening. I just am glad it's over with and she's back home. She was so afraid today and I know it was hard on her emotionally because everytime she's had heart or artery surgery it's scared the babyjesus outta her. The doctor and I both reassured her it was a minor surgery using a twilight like drug called versed to put her to sleep. When he told her that the surgery was only 20 mins long and about the light anesthesia, she was at ease then. She woke up 30 mins later and was just fine, smiling and being all sentimental with me. Man, that just made her feel better. I"m glad she didn't wait to have the surgery, she needed it and I hope it works for her.

Dad is still seeing his doctors, his foot is finally on the mend. He fainted at the podiatrists office last week so they rushed him to the hospital and kept him for couple days doing tests trying to figure out why he fainted. They thought something was wrong with his kidneys but he says he's fine now.
He's home now, but I worry about him. He doesn't always tell me when things are bad for him, he thinks because I live 5 hrs away that he shouldn't tell me because there's nothing I can do for him. He has so many issues going on with his heart and arteries and his diabetes. I told him next time something is going on, he better tell me so I know and can at least talk to him on the phone before something really bad happens and I can't . My grandmother was the one that told me he was in the hospital so I just played it off and called his cell phone to see what he was up to, he finally told me after being there 2 days. SMH, and I'm just as stubborn as my old man is, and I wasn't even raised by him. LOL

I hope all the other caregivers out there are doing well and that their caregivees are also doing well. Have a great weekend one and all.