TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default My Dad

My father lives 5 hrs away with my grandmother just outside of Austin and hour. He's not in the best of health and has been battling a foot infection. So far, his toe got infected and wouldn't heal, then they tried the chamber to flood him with oxygen to stop the infection, that didn't work, and they used a vacuum on his foot to draw it out and use honey to try and get the bacteria to go to the honey and come out of his toe so the vacuum could suck it out. That didn't work. He got 3 more places on his toe that were more infected so they did surgery on it and removed his big toe all the way down to the large toe knuckle.
The surgery was Friday, on Sat the wound care nurse said it looked good, on Sunday dad started running a fever and the toe didnt' look like it was healing and was warm to touch. On Monday, today, he saw the podiatrist and he was running a fever the surgery site was healing and had an infection in it again. They admitted him to the hospital there in Austin. He isn't in pain or anything, he's diabetic and has severe neuropathy in his feet so he doesn't feel pain. I'm worried the will cut of part of his foot, then that will get infected and then they will go all the way up to just below his knee. I sure hope what they are doing will heal his infection . I would hate for my dad to lose his leg from all this. It's really weighing hard on my mind. I'm concerned for him. His diabetes is stopping him from healing and I don't think the first surgery got all of the infection because it was in his bones in his toe. Worry worry worry is all I can do. This is a procedure that can change my dad's life forever and put him in a wheel chair. If he loses part of his leg, I hope medicare will pay for a prostetic leg for him to use to walk with so he has he ability to walk again. UGH so frustrated and so frustrating for him I'm sure. Please keep James in your prayers that he heals quickly and doesn't lose a limb from all this. Thanks.