Old 04-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #228
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
Hey all,
Back in January I had to get a mammogram prior to top surgery simple right.
My schedule was like this start T appx Jan 15

Get top surgery April
Get lower removal surgery April

Well I went and got a mammogram , two days later they call I need a more detailed one....ok cool prolly a cyst.
Well long story short it wasn’t a cyst
So schedule had to be adjusted:
Lumpectomy, so I did that and in one day I had appt to return visit surgeon and endocrinologist.....
Endocrin refuses to start the T said see your surgeon... long story short cancer....
sooo now it’s other breast testing, radiation, genetic testing,
Well of which needed to be done b4 top surgery and a vacation to Italy in March.
So had all the basics and then was faced with a decision full bilateral mastectomy..... or take tamoxifen for 3 years and no T

Genetic testing came back verified what I already knew

Two weeks ago I had a bilateral mastectomy and a complete hysterectomy and three lymph nodes removed in arm pit area at same time. All pathology reports are in and all is clear no cancer no possibility of “female cancer since everything is gone”. Every 6 months I will get a ct scan.
Tomorrow I start T

Now this is not what I planned.... but it is all working out.... in about 6 months the plastic surgeon will do top surgery and contour and I will get tattooed on nipples for the look.

Right now hi am getting accustomed from going from a DDD to nothing but a swollen strip with stitches from armpit to armpit...
So I pass sort of.... next week I start speech therapy to teach me how to maintain my voice in the lower octave range as well as fine tune male word inflection. So as the T takes hold and the facial hair and voice goes even lower than it is already... I’m prepared sort of
I’m 65 and doing this and tomorrow my adult kids and the grands are throwing me a Happy T Day. Party

Why am I scared and doubting myself after all this ?
Wow, you have been through a lot!

Sorry about the cancer. It was hard for me to understand what you were saying, but I think you are done with radiation?

Good luck with your top surgery. I know a guy that had to get mastectomy due to genetic testing. The surgeon was supposed to make his chest more male looking, but he did not. It was a horrible situation, and clear transphobia. He is going to go to a top surgeon now that he has trans health care.

Is your insurance paying for voice therapy? That is very unusual.

Make sure you use a medical tattoo artist for your areola/nipples

It isn't unusual for someone to doubt themselves before going on T. However, you have been through a hell of a lot. I know that you decided to go on T prior to all this stuff hapenning. However, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to give yourself a breather before you get started on T.

Just a thought.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: