Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post

Hello y'all. Y'all doing okay on this wicked fine day?

Many gorgeous femmes and sturdy butches here and a privilege and honor to be amongst you almighty good folk. Quite a pretty picture.

Hoping to meet some pretty fine women, and some not so fine too would be good.

Jethro

* smiling madly *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
you forgot to offer a pinch of Skoal and pat the coondog on the head

Katniss~~(realize this is for the Southern U.S. regions. I have no idea what the Yankees do except start off with a "youse guys wanna'" or some such nonesense.)
So funny!

A New England Yankee would have scratched the "y'all" and inserted a "wicked" or two.

I've never actually heard anyone say "youse guys wanna" other than on the Sopranos, but I know it happens. There are so many subdialects kicking around. In my area of Connecticut we're rhotic speakers but once I get close to the Rhode Island border I start hearing the non-rhotic pronunciations (butter as butta/ park as pahk, etc.).

Chiming in from puritanical New England.

Last edited by Semantics; 03-17-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post: