View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #762
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I also find EMDR exhausting and can only do it when I am in a more stable frame of mind. Otherwise I run the risk of completely decompensating and dissociating in my session and it's a mess. I think it's a great tool and I do find it helpful but I do not by any means do it constantly.

My heart goes out to everyone struggling right now. I'm having a hard time myself.

TRIGGER WARNING: Childhood sexual abuse, incest, seeing one's abuser

I kinda feel like even trigger warnings can be triggering so I apologize but I need to get this out. Starting as early as three years old (this is my earliest memory of this), I was sexually abused by my uncle. No one in the family knows except my sister. This is a personal decision based on the fact that I think it would cause huge drama in my family and adult life and give me no relief or benefit. So please, I do not want the advice if telling my family. Actually I'm not really here for advice at all but just support.

So, because no one knows about him I force myself to endure seeing him in certain family get togethers. I know he knows I know. I saw him this past 4th of July and had to endure two hugs and being called sweetheart by him.

I've been kind of off my rocker since then. I skipped therapy the past two weeks because I feel like I just can't deal. Not my best decisions but I'm just going day by day here. My symptoms are really bad and I've been super stressed out.

I feel really vulnerable putting this information out there for the public but I feel the folks of this thread will understand and hold space for me.

Thank you for reading.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: