Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holding Space

I like that idea of holding space, CCB. I will definitely hold space not only for you, but for myself and other survivors as well.

I've been attending therapy weekly, every Monday night, right after work, for nearly a year now. Some times sessions are super intense, other times not so much, but mostly each session has its own intensity.

I'm actually taking a few weeks off from therapy in August because my therapist is moving on in their doctoral program and her supervisor and other board certified staff have presented a compelling case for me to try EMDR. So when I return to continue therapy in September, I'll be working with a new therapist and committing another stretch of time to work within the framework of EMDR. From what my therapist said, I'll only go two to three time a month -- kind of like go weekly for three weeks, take a week to rest, then resume the same pattern of therapy: On for three weeks, off one week.

I have severe PTSD and on top of it, my introversion is very strong. Too much of any social interaction makes me "run" in the opposite direction. I also do not like being touched or hugged, which closely aligns with prior times in life where unwelcome touch has taken place in my life.

So holding space is exactly the solution that works best for me.

Sending peaceful energy to all,

K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: